
Well I finally canned fruit by myself. I was quite proud of myself. Our ward was given the chance to order pears from our one of our Church's (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) Orchards in Southern Oregon. We got each box for $16 each, and they were beautiful and very good tasting pears. I decided it was time for me to start canning. My mom used to can all the time when we were younger, then we would only do pickles when I was older. I decided to rely upon my memory of canning with her and my sisters and a bunch of phone calls to my mom for quick tips. We bought one cause of pears and it took a lot of time because I was trying to keep my 3 little princesses happy and entertained and trying to do it by myself(not to mention for the first time in years). After 3 days of limited time to can I finished and I have 19 quart jars and 4 pint jars full of pears. Yeah for me!!!!
If any of you haven't canned before and want to, it's a lot easier than you think it is, just very time consuming.
Good job on the canning! I haven't ventured into that yet. Maybe in a few years...Still working on getting more cans at the cannery with the basics.
ReplyDelete